Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Did It…Now I Can Do Anything

June 5, 2010 came and went.  What did it leave me with is this.

IMG_4874

and then this.

IMG_4875

For the last 6 months I have been training for that day.  5 days a week focusing on my goal.  Not only did I find courage in myself, but I found determination, trust, love, acceptance, and excitement in pushing my body to places it has never been.

It was one of the best days of my life.  Yes it was only a Sprint Triathlon ( .5 mile swim, 16 mile bike ride, 3 mile run) but hey a beginner needs to start somewhere right? And YES I got that negativity from some. There have been some not nice people to me and yes it hurt my heart.  But I am keeping my head held high and moving on.

I will do more.  I will train for the August Tri.  I would be doing the July, but I have started a class on Saturdays and I don’t want to miss it.

I might even tackle a 1/2 marathon.  The possibilities are endless.

IMG_4862

4 comments:

tginguyen said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

I have always wanted to do a tri ... and this one seems to be the perfect distance for me!!!

Which one are you doing in August?

And 1/2 marathons are awesome -- they are the perfect distance. Marathons are too freakin' long.

Tami said...

Hi Autumn! The sprint Tri in August is the last of the summer series of the Tri for fun at Rancho Seco park. TBF racing puts it on. It is so much fun.

Kristen said...

Woot Woot! That's awesome! You have to read the book: Run Like a Mother. You'll love it! A group of my girlfriends and I are running the Urban Cow Half the first weekend in October if you want to join us...it's my first!!!

Raimi said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO proud of you! Way to GO, Tami! Way to set a goal & get it done!
XOXO